Apart from those listed below, the tunes here are indexed in either Charles Gore's Scottish Fiddle Music Index or in Robert L. Pekaar's An Encyclopedia of Tunes for the Great Highland Bagpipe.
- The Baggpipe Tune: National Library of Scotland MS 9454, c.1675.
- Dalkeith Fair: Complete Repository of Old and New Strathspeys, Reels and Jigs, arranged for the German Flute (Edinburgh, Printed & Sold by Gow & Shepherd, no.40 Princes Street) Book 2d. National Library of Scotland, Glen.127 (c.1812?).
- The Laird of Logie: combines tunes and texts from B.H. Bronson, The Traditional Tunes of the Child Ballads.
- My Lady Balclughe's Ayre and Duck of Monmoth's Jigg: NLS MS 9454.
- The Duke of Monmouth's Jigg and La Monmouth: Thomas Greeting, The Pleasant Companion... for the Flagelet, 7th ed, London, printed for H. Playford, 1688.
- Hey Boys Up Go Wee (Monmouth and Bucleugh's welcom from the North): Simpson, The British Broadside Ballad and its Music.
- Aim Not Too High (Monmouth Routed): Simpson.
- The Duke of Buccleugh's Favorite: Nathaniel Gow dance sheet, copies in the NLS and in the Wighton Collection in Dundee.
- The Duchess of Buccleugh's Favorite: Niel Gow & Sons, Complete Repository Adapted for the German Flute, c.1812, volume 2, NLS Glen.46.
- The Duchess of Backlugh's Reel: manuscript of Lady John Scott, NLS MS 841.
- Lord John Scott's March: Lady John Scott manuscript, NLS MS 772.
- Departe, departe is in two collections: Musica Britannica volume XV, Music of Scotland 1500-1700 (in four parts) and in Musica Scotica (in five parts).
- The Lord Monk's March: John Playford, Dancing Master, 3rd ed., supplement, 1657, via Barlow's 1985 edition of all the tunes in the Dancing Master volumes.
- General Monk's March: this version from an anonymous source on the Internet.
- Dalkeith Palace Waltz: John Cameron, Cameron's Flute Music, Glasgow, n.d., copy in the Mitchell Library, Glasgow. Dalkeith-Walzer (piano original): NLS.
- Six Scottish Reels Danced at Dalkeith Palace and Taymouth Castle on the occasion of the Queen's Royal Progress through Scotland: single sheet, NLS Mus.D.l.51.126.
Back to Contents List
Music of Dalkeith
Copyright © 2001, Jack Campin